How we use your information
We are a data processor insofar as we process personal data on instruction from the client and/or when providing our services, and when it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act (DPA) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), you have the right to withdraw your application/registration at any time and request your data to be handed back to you, unless you have entered into a contractual agreement with us, in which case the terms and conditions of the agreement will prevail.
Uses of Personal data
We will not disclose your personal data unless required for legal proceedings or when necessary by the nature of our relationship with you and to maintain our own accounts and records.
We collect your personal information to:
- provide you with products and services that you may request from us or selected third parties;
- enhance or improve your experience of our products and services and our website;
- improve and develop our services;
- protect security e.g. to check your identity when you use our services through credit checks, if relevant;
- meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
Excepting the cases where we process user data under the legal basis of legitimate interest, all our marketing email communication is sent under the legal basis of Consent. This means that you have opted-in to be on our mailing lists by registering with us either by phone, email or any other communication method.
- If at any time you will like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, contact us via our contact form or call us on 0117 3210503;
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen;
- You can request details of personal information which we hold about you at any time by using our contact form.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How we collect personal information
We collect information when you use our website www.renthappily.co.uk, our web property portal, and any other communications networks -whether written or verbal- to contact us, including, but not limited to, phone and email. In particular, we collect information:
- directly from you: e.g. when you sign up to receive our services or register on our website for information, newsletters etc. or when you contact us with an enquiry;
- from third parties e.g. when we acquire third party marketing lists, get authorisation for a payment you make, or when undertaking an identity check, if relevant;
- when products or services are provided together with a business partner and the information is collected by the business partner in order for us to provide you with a product or service, if relevant.
Who the information is processed about
We process personal information about:
- Professional advisers and consultants
- Complainants, enquirers
Personal information that we may collect about you
You agree that we are entitled to obtain, use and process the information you give to us to provide you with the services, as defined in our Terms and Conditions.
We will collect information about your full name, your contact information including phone number and email address, the address of your property and/or abode, and your IP address(es).
When necessary, you may provide us with Personal Information to complete our legal checks by providing a passport, driving licence, bank statement or utility bill. We will only process this data for the purpose of complying with our regulatory obligations or as otherwise permitted by law.
When your register as a tenant with us:
We only collect information that is relevant to your housing needs, whether present, past or future, and only for the purpose of providing you with the service you require from us. This may include personal and family details, employment details, financial details, credit checks, and all the information contained in the references, including but not limited to proof of address, proof of ID, bills, bank statements, and employment contracts.
If you apply to rent a property through us, the personal data you fill in on the application form will be passed on to the landlord, and we will use your data for the purposes of your application and preparation of the tenancy.
For the purpose of verifying your suitability to rent a property, we will run industry standard credit checks and references through an accredited agency. They will access and share with us the following information:
- Credit history;
- Whether you have any CCJs;
- Late payments or default payments;
- The amount of each of the above, when they were issued, whether they have been resolved or whether they are active.
When your register as a landlord with us:
We only collect information that is relevant to let and/or manage your property efficiently and to comply with current regulation, and only for the purpose of providing you with the service you require from us. This may include personal and family details, financial details, details about your property, and all the information contained in your agreement with us.
When we rent a property for you, your details will be passed onto the tenants, and we will use your data for the purposes of your application and preparation of the tenancy.
Who sees the information we hold?
Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA).
Your personal information may be provided to selected third parties:
- where you have indicated that you wish to receive information about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- where services are provided together with a business partner and it is necessary to disclose the information to them in order to provide our services;
- for the prevention of fraud against us, third parties and customers;
- for the purposes of identity verification;
- where products and services are provided to third parties by us e.g. for the purposes of identity verification, and it is necessary to disclose information to them in order to provide the service.
What follows is a description of the types of organisations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with the objective to provide you with the service you need or to comply with our legal obligations.
Where necessary or required to do so, we may share information with:
- business associate;
- suppliers of goods or services;
- financial organisations;
- credit reference agencies;
- debt collection and tracing agencies;
- local and central government;
- police forces;
- current, past and prospective employers;
- employment and recruitment agencies;
- educators and examining bodies;
- other companies in the same group.
Transfer of personal information outside of the UK
We may need to transfer personal information about clients to third parties located outside the UK. If we do, we will ensure that information is protected to a level which meets the requirements of UK law.
Keeping personal information secure
We are committed to keeping clients' personal information secure, and to protect it from being inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed, and against it being lost. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
How long we keep personal information
RentHappily will hold data for contracted services for as long as the contract is in force, and for 7 years after it is cancelled, after which your files will be destroyed or transferred to you if required. This is in line with our governing laws, and you do have the opportunity to opt-out at any point should you need to.
Keeping personal information accurate
We will ensure that personal information is kept accurate and up to date as far as is reasonably possible. However, we do rely on clients to ensure that some of the information we hold about them is accurate and up-to-date. We encourage clients and partners to inform us of any changes to their information.
Access to personal information
It is your right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. We will provide clients with access to their personal information and the opportunity to amend and update their details or preferences (including consent to receive marketing communications) in order to keep the information up-to-date and accurate.
You can request details of personal information we hold about you, including on our websites’ databases, by contacting us at the address below. Requests must be made in writing, and proof of identification is required in order to protect your information. We also require sufficient details to be able locate your information, for example: dates and details of the website, products or services that you have used. An optional application form may be provided to assist us in locating the information you require.
We will not share your information for any marketing purposes with companies that may try and offer you their products and services. We will make it easy for you to opt-out of any information requests if you no longer wish to receive them.
We use Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter to market our services and events and we do not store any personal data from these sites.
Using our website
RentHappily may collect your personal information which is received when you use our website or any of our services. We collect this information about you when you fill in any forms i.e. signing up for an event, sending an enquiry etc.
We may collect the following types of information:
- your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details;
- information required to provide you with a service, and details of our services that you have used;
- your company’s name, your position in the company; the company’s address, company’s email address and telephone number;
- your payment information such as bank account, or bank card details, if relevant;
- information collected through your use of our website. Please see the Cookies Policy for more information;
- details of any enquiry or complaint you make to us.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer when you use a website. Once installed, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Information on how to remove cookies on a variety of browsers can be found on: www.aboutcookies.org.
If you feel that your personal information has been processed in a way that does not meet with the current GDPR Regulations, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority in the UK the Information Commissioners Office.
How to contact us
Clients with queries or complaints relating to our products or services can contact us in writing, at the address below:
23 Westfield Park,
Bristol BS6 6L